Thinking of popping the question? If so no doubt your first thought is about the ring. This is probably one of the biggest sentimental purchases you will probably ever make. Yes it can be daunting with endless styles to look at. So how do you pick the perfect piece for your perfect partner, especially when you are having a bespoke piece made.
Well fear not, as here at Oresome Nicola and I are both professional jewellers with over 30 years of experience. We will guide you through not only selecting your dream stone but also the exciting process of creating a bespoke piece of jewellery. Each commission we make is as individual as the person that will wear the piece.
There are a few things that you will need to consider when selecting that all important stone or stones for your engagement ring
- Budget - firstly and most importantly you need to decide on how much you are going to spend on your ring as this will also determine other aspects of the piece such as the design and what type of stones and the metal.
- Mohs Scale – This is a scale where the hardness of a material is measured. It is rated from 1 to 10 and was designed to rate a materials resistance. 1 being the least resistant and 10 being the most resistant. Diamonds for example are graded as 10 on the Mohs scale.
As an engagement ring will usually be worn all the time hence we would recommend a harder stone such as diamond, sapphire or Aquamarine to name just a few. Traditionally diamonds are the stone of choice however these days anything goes.
- Size – Yes size does matter! When choosing a stone its tempting to go for the biggest, however you need to consider the practicality of wearing a large stone on a daily basis. As well as considering how the stone will look on an individuals finger. Bigger isn’t always better.
- Shape– The shape and cut of your stone can have a great impact on your ring making it the star of the show. Whether you want a round stone or want to go for something a bit more unusual we can help you choose the perfect centre piece for your ring.
- Time scale – Each engagement ring we create is unique so it takes a different amount of time to create each one. On average it usually takes between 6-8 weeks to have a piece designed and made by Nicola or myself. We will guide you through each step of the process to create your dream ring to treasure forever.
For further information check out our commissions page or get in touch via email at email@example.com or call us on 01482 213 881
We will look forward to hearing from you.
Victoria and Nicola x